11/14/09

we are all as numerous as leaves on trees.


I have several reasons why East Coast is on my mind. Planning this trip to New York has me so excited about going there for the first time and all the wonderful things we will get to do. It also makes me very nostalgic about my home in New Castle Pennsylvania. I remember the countless acres of land we lived on full of deer. we had a pond full of fish that would freeze over for ice skating in the winter. I remember sledding in the winter and in summer picking fresh blackberries for dinner and watering flowers. Our house was extremely old and we didn't even have a dishwasher. There was a post where people used to tie their horses. It was the most lovely quaint house on a hill. So excluded from the world. I was such an ignorant little 10 year old that I envied the "rich" kids in their tract homes. I didn't understand what a lovely home we had. But I do have very fond memories.
today I'm thankful for:
  • rain
  • rilo kiley
  • good friends
  • hope

4 comments:

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

You used to live on a large plot of land with horses? How come we never talked about that? I did too! Only I was in Idaho, not Pennsylvania.

Anonymous said...

VISIT THE CLOISTERS IN NEW YORK...IT IS A BRANCH OF THE MET AND IS BY FAR ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN THE CITY...TAKE THE SUBWAY WAY, WAY, WAY UPTOWN...IT WILL FEEL LIKE YOU ARE TRANSPORTED TO A DIFFERENT PLACE...OH AND WATCH OUT FOR NEW YORK...YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE AND SHE WILL BREAK YOUR HEART WHEN YOU HAVE TO LEAVE...

Amelia Kate said...

Can we please all move together?!