12/14/09

call the surgeon, mend the pieces ♥


There is a curse in my bones
That'll breathe and fly again
Until when we both are ghosts
I will miss you like a friend



-In my moments of quiet and solitude I ask the tough questions.

"Am I a good person?"
"Am I prioritizing?"
"Have I lost sight of the big picture?"
"How are my actions representing me as a person?"
"Would my friends consider me a good friend?"
"Why is it so much easier for me to be a good friend or stranger than it is to be a good daughter and sister?"
"How could I bless the lives around me more efficiently with more patience and Christ-like love?"
"How can I recover from the mistakes I've made and lost time"
"Am I making good use of the gifts God has given me? Do I even know what those gifts are?"

I tend to over analyze and my mind is plagued with thoughts like this. I think my main character flaw is a heart that is too soft. I am too sensitive to those around me. I feel love immensely but I think I am equally as able to be hurt and bruised. Another tough question:

"Would I rather feel these emotions in a smaller scale? Or is the raw emotion I feel so strongly more of a blessing than a curse"

{Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm going to sleep on it}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is easier for everyone to be kinder and loving to strangers and friends because families will be there no matter how we treat them most of the time and friends are more easily disposable. It is a fault that every human has and because you recognize it makes you better than most everyone. Love you.