2/15/10






Today Amanda-Thomas of here comes the sun posted the question: if you could do anything, what would you do?
I pondered what my answer would be as I read all of the responses she got. I saw a recurring theme, most spoke of travel and furthering education. A few spoke of love. I like to think that if the fear that holds us back was somehow lifted we would all lead more successful lives. Are any of you like me in the sense that we fear our dreams aren't logical? For example, my passion is related to the arts and I often think that it just wouldn't be sensible to pursue a career in fashion or design. The industry is too saturated, the economy is too bad... all the little justifications I conjure up in my head. I can't afford to go back to school, I work too much, etc. etc. I think it's time to hush the voices in my head and take the leap.
today I heard the line "I'm making a change" in an Azure Ray song. I got chills and I knew what I had to do.
Oh, and ps:
I know I said "valentines schmalentines" but today was simply lovely.

3 comments:

Amelia Kate said...

Yes, the market is saturated, but there is always room for one person to change everything.
Nadia, you are talented in everything you do and I know you failure is not in your future!

Islandia Lane said...

just came across your blog - great pictures and thoughts!

Neener Newt said...

what a cute blog :) just came across it... i love those banners in the picture you posted, i keep on seeing them everywhere... i think i might have to make one...