6/29/10









Last night I saw the documentary Exit through the gift shop. This documentary is about the french Film Maker Thierry Guetta in his journey filming the infamous street artist known as Banksy. Banksy, challenged Thierry to pursue street art. Which he did briefly, tagging every bare wall he could get his hands on. But he quickly became wrestless and started creating "art" in mass form and referring to himself as Mr. Brainwash. Needless to say, Mr. Brainwash is one of the funniest characters I've ever seen. And his name is fitting considering the fact that he simply scans and photoshops famous art pieces distorting them mildly and calling them "art." I would like to see some of the street art by both Banksy and MBW in person.


3 comments:

Natalie said...

I think I will be taking up a new hobby..

Islandia Lane said...

omgosh - I have been wanting to see this movie for so long! Excited to hear someone has seen it and can I tell you I didn't realize that MBW and Bansky were the same person until now! I have so much of MBW's work that I've photographed... ck out a previous post of mine - you may enjoy it!
http://citygirlknows.blogspot.com/2010/06/live-today-worry-tomorrow-mbw.html

Johanna said...

I am excited to see this! Thanks for the reminder. I love Banksy's antics.