11/9/10

Last night I took Kevin to the airport so he could go back to work. Kevin has been working a job in California on and off for the majority of 2010. Being apart is difficult at times. He misses me and the comfort of home. I miss him and hate being alone. But we know that this is the best way for us to save up money for our first year of marriage. So we tough it out. I don't really have to do anything exactly... just survive the days without him! But he is wonderful. He works so hard for us. He flies out to California on Sunday night and works until 8am. Then he tries to sleep before doing it all over again. He doesn't sleep well on the road. He doesn't get to eat regular meals. He works long nights and drives really far. He works all night Thursday and then flies home to see me first thing in the morning Friday. We spend a few lovely, perfect, blissful hours together until I have to sleep because I work 12 hours the following day. And then it's Sunday, we go to church and before we know it it's back to the airport. We are both exhausted constantly. But we love each other and soon it will be Christmas and he will discontinue this job.

Tonight I missed him so I called him and initiated a facetime conversation. The second I saw his face I started to cry. He always comforts me and assures me that he'll be home soon. That's why I love him.

I try to focus on all of the great blessings in my life. The simple things that make me happy. Today here's what made me smile:


half-full mugs spotted on {poppytalk}


this lovely song by Sufjan Stevens

No comments: