7/31/08

I'm feeling green.


Last night we went to John Mayer and Colbie Callait. It was a blast. We had lawn seats which seemed like a negative at first... but as all of our friends showed up we got to cozy up on a blanket and enjoy the concert together. I decided lawn seats are the best, most intimate seats in the house. And John even dedicated a song to us :] John Mayer. Where do I start. He has a fresh sleeve of tattoos. A shaved head. He wore a tight black wifebeater with black capris. Haha. He plays the guitar like a maniac. He is so underrated. I have never heard anything like it. He played a random set though. There were about 5 songs I thought FOR SURE he would play and he didn't haha. He didn't play "your body is a wonderland" but played covers of rihanna. It as weird. I was a little dissapointed in his song selection but very pleased that he played "Gravity" very last.
Colbie Callait has a sweet voice and she's beautiful! She was kind of dull as a performer. Just walked around really. But I still liked her. And I liked how she described the meaning of all of her songs.
The opening act was brett something. I loved him! He was really great.

2 comments:

Jessica&Colby said...

cute i love john mayer. i saw him play with tom petty last year. i had the same thought too though when he played, it was like songs from nowhere.

*Tawny* said...

John mayer was amazing!!!
He is definently the most talented player in our age, no joke!!! He did some amazing things on guitar and who can play with a drum stick, and than play kick petal and guitar at the same time, SER!? haha