1/11/13

Update on life and baby girl.

As most of you know, I had my ultrasound this week! I was all nerves leading up to this appointment. I hardly slept the night before. Tossing and turning thinking about little one. It's the best kind of nervous excitement. How can you be so obsessed with someone you've never met? So the day finally came. The big day. 6 family members and 3 friends piled into the room. Our OBGYN is truly the sweetest man on earth. He surveyed 10 of us in the room about the gender and unanimously we guessed "it's a girl!" He carefully inspected baby from head to toe making sure everything looked perfect. He seemed to pay special attention to the kidneys, which I'll mention later. After what seemed like an eternity, and several outbursts from me begging "JUST TELL ME WHAT IT IS ALREADY!" He softly announced with a smile, it's a girl. The room erupted into applause, we later learned we even startled the front desk staff. It was no secret I was hoping for a little girl. Tears filled my eyes. I kept asking him "are you sure? double check!" After we left the Doctor there was one thing left to do.... inflate a massive pink balloon and announce to friends! 


 Last Saturday was one of the best days of my life. I can't say much, which is hard for me because I am an open book! This guy is truly amazing. He inspires me to be better every day. I always wanted to be with someone who lifted me up. How did I get so lucky?

Back to baby. Tuesday I had a special ultrasound to check out her kidneys. Doctor shared some scary news with me. A portion of the kidneys are dilated (swollen) which means the urine isn't draining as freely as it should. There are two reasons why this could be happening, but there's no way to tell in Utero. All we can do is pray. At 28 weeks we'll get it checked out to make sure the condition hasn't worsened. And once she's born she may need a little operation. Overall she is healthy and perfect. I love this little one. 

9 comments:

Kelsey Bang said...

Nadia! You look so beautiful (as always)! and a girl! so exciting! I am soooo happy for you!

Jenna said...

I'm so excited for you! I am praying for the health and safety of your little girl. And I'm happy that you're happy!

mindy said...

My sweet Pj had cysts are on her head, a calcium spot on her heart & slightly enlarged kidneys at her u/s, we went for a level 2u/s & had genetic blood work done, i was soooo nervous! she was totally fine by 28 weeks! Hope your sweet girly heals on her own! I'm soooo excited for you

Dallan and Ashley said...

Congrats again on your baby girl. My cousins baby who is now 2 had the same kidney issue, hiis resolved on its own and he's totally fine. My cousins friend's baby had the same the same thing he did have to have a small procedure and now is totally fine as well. I know it can be scary but I'm sure baby girl will be fine too, and I will pray for that too. If you ever want to my cousin about the kidney thing she said she would be more than happy to. So excited and happy for you!

Jenna Robert said...

Maybe we need Aubree to give your baby a special kidney blessing ;)

Can't wait to meet her.

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better, I was born with 1 working kidney due to urine ish and I'm doing ok!...depending on who you ask ; ) Congratulations again, a girl will be so fun!

Chelsey Oliver: said...

YAYYY! I love LOVE this, and you!

Jen Hepworth said...

Nadia, I so appreciate your blog posts. Congratulations on your very own little sunshine. Our girls will only be a few weeks apart! I'm very excited for things to look up and up for you!

Ise, Chels, & Graham said...

Nadia, so happy for you! My little boy has the same thing. He is now 9 months old and still has it but is healthy. Call or txt me if you want to talk about it at all...I could share with you what they old me and what happened at the 28 wk ultrasound . Only if u want to, my number is (480) 272-5370 as much as I tried not to be scared I stillmess,, so just if u feel like talkin about it to anyone I can offer a listening ear and give you some info on my little man